Saturday, October 15, 2011

Road Test Success, And Love Lies Bleeding...


I passed my motorcycle road test yesterday! I'm so happy (and relieved!) to have that done. The instructor said I was the best rider of the day, yay! I was totally prepared to fail, you hear so many horror stories about how militant they are...Now I can sew my "scooterist" patch onto my jacket....I bought the patch but decided I wouldn't put it on until I passed my test.

It really felt good to do something that at one point I wasn't sure I was ever going to be able to do competently. But, like most things in my life, I started this journey backwards. I got the scooter before I even knew how to turn it on. I just knew I'd wanted one for so long, it didn't occur to me that maybe this wouldn't be my thing. After the disastrous lessons on the motorbike, I had moments were I thought, "what have I gotten myself into here??" I'm thankful I did it that way though, I may have bailed on the idea had I not had my little bee already, and what a waste that would have been! Riding that vespa is a feeling I can only describe as similar to surfing. A feeling of being one with the elements somehow. Maybe those aren't quite the right words. Its a real sense of unity with your ride, like a team.

Now that I have been on the freeway a couple times and feel confident I can "keep up" I can take my scooter up to the coast for visits. Though I imagine that will have to wait until next year, its getting awful cold now with that wind coming at you so fast. But still gorgeous and sunny. October has always been my favourite month!

Here's a spider web on my foggy, dewy back porch this morning.


Will be heading out to see the Alberta Ballet's "Love Lies Bleeding" tonight. My extremely talented studio mate worked on it with several other girls we know. I'm so excited for all of them! I've seen photos of some of the costumes and my god, they are amazing! I can hardly wait! Here is the advert for the Calgary performance:

No comments: