Monday, January 18, 2010

Bonjour, Happy Monday, I need to share with you my latest musical find, the Vivian Girls. Don't know if you've heard of them, I hadn't until I came across them while browsing Zulu Records (a Vancouver landmark). I was caught by their name, "Vivian Girls" which I recognized from Henry Darger. If you don't know Henry Darger, you NEED to! Fascinating stuff, a really good documentary on him is: In the Realms of the Unreal, The Mystery of Henry Darger, directed by Jessica Yu. Just google him and you'll find a ton of stuff.
Anyways, so I take a listen to these gals, and I'm instantly taken. A sound I find kinda similar to the Ramones with a splash of Blondie. So I buy the album, open it up AND, one of the girl's last name.....? Ramone....coincidence, or conspiracy...? Who cares, I love it.
Heres an image of the latest album, Everything Goes Wrong, along with an image of the vivians...... these girls are on fire!


No comments: