Sunday, May 22, 2011

Good news! My vespa ride last Sunday went really well! I got my speed up into 3rd gear and ventured out onto one of the busier streets around here. Was a little nerve wracking starting up at the light with all the other traffic, I wanted to get up to speed WAY faster than I think is possible with a manual transmission. So I was doing some super high revving and trying to change gears before it was ready. But, I didn’t stall out or anything, so yay!
Another discovery that most people would be unhappy about, I was actually kind of thrilled to find out because it means that maybe I’m not going as slow as I think I am, my speedometer is not working! Its a brand new bike, so its likely a wire that hasn’t been hooked up yet. A very nice mechanic is going to come take a look at it for me later today or tomorrow. Exciting. I can hardly wait to find out my speed.
So funny, I thought there was something a bit off there those first couple of rides. The needle seemed to be quite stationary, but then I was so worried about everything else that checking the speedometer was totally secondary. This last outing I felt a little more relaxed and in control.

I am posting a few photos of the last show I designed costumes for, “Twelfth Night” directed by the fabulous Thrasso Petras, set design, Jamie Nesbitt and lighting design Shannon Montgomery. I always hope to actually get these things posted BEFORE the show is over, but there just never seems to be time!




No comments: