Sunday, May 16, 2010

Hey there!
So the Doxa films were both great. The one, "Orgasm Inc." was shocking and funny at the same time, but mostly shocking. Really takes a good look at the major contenders in the pharmaceutical industry race for FDA approval on FSD drug treatments. Was pretty crazy. Its easy to see that "Female Sexual Dysfunction" is completely manufactured by the pharmaceutical industry.
The second film "Sin by Silence" was really moving. This is the one about the women who are in prison for murdering their abusive husbands. There were tears for sure, and just so you know, I'm not much of a crier. The women in this film, their stories....I think unless you've really been there, you can't possibly imagine what they've been through. Also, important to remember none of these women ever thought for a second that they would be where they are today. Made me wonder (as I often do after seeing these kinds of films) why I'm not doing something more important with my life.

I highly recommend seeing both films.
Check them out if you can!!

So now I have a question for you guys. I need help! I am supposed to come up with an analyses for this painting (see below) by next thursday. I have the name of the painting, but I cannot find out anything else about it. Who did it, when, etc. etc. Anyone out there have any input?? Please? The title of the peice is: DanaA.....

No comments: